2019 Pearls Live Educational Webinar – Chronic Pain
Jing Fang Treatment of Generalized Chronic Pain with Professor Fu Yan Ling. Covering Aetiology and Pathogenesis of Chronic pain and Management of Chronic pain Strategies by Jing Fang
Pain is recognized by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as an important global public health concern. More importantly, pain is more than just a symptom which can affect and influence patients’ quality of life. Chronic and recurrent pain should be viewed as a disease in its own right and poses a specific healthcare burden.
Chinese medicine perspective of pain is due to either “obstruction” or “deficiency”. Hence there is a saying that “where there is obstruction, there is pain and where there is deficiency there is pain as both can have an impact on the free movement of qi and blood. Therefore, based on the different pathogenesis, the following treatment strategies are applied in the management of pain. Elimination of phlegm and damp; warming exterior and interior coldness, blood invigorating to transform stasis , tonifying yin and yang , qi and blood deficiency will be addressed by Professor Fu Yanling who will share with you the management of chronic pain based on the Jing Fang theory and application.
Jing Fang Treatment of Generalized Chronic Pain
Aetiology and Pathogenesis of Chronic pain
Management of Chronic pain Strategies by Jing Fang
- Disperse and diffuse exterior: a) Ma Huang Tang group formulas b) Gui Zhi Tang group Formula
- Clear and Purge Yang Ming Heat: Bai Hu + Gui Zhi Tang
- Unblock and purge Intestinal Heat: San Hua Tang
- Harmonize Shao Yang: a) Chai Hu Gui zhi Tang b) Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Tang
- Warm the middle and disperse cold and overcome dampness: Gui Zhi Ren Shen Tang
- Warm the middle and disperse cold: Fu Zi Tang group formulas a) Si Ni Tang b) Zhen Wu Tang
- Dong Gui Nie Tong Tang (Yi Zong Jin Jian)
- Tonify and augment qi and blood: Gui Zhi Xin Jia Tang, Huang Qi Gui Zhi Wu Wu Tang
- Integrate Treatment: Xiao Xu Ming Tang; Gui Zhi Shao Yao Zhi Mu Tang
Professor Fu Yan Ling is a renowned Jing Fang practitioner who dedicates years of research on Jing Fang management of many difficult-to-treat diseases. In 1991, he was officially nominated by the Chinese government Health Department as the designated successor of Professor Liu Du Zhou who was a revered icon and specialist in Shang Han Lun in China. Professor Fu is a key member of Chinese Medicine Zhang Zhong Jing Research Association. Currently he is the Dean of Jing Fang College in Beijing.