2018 Pearls of Wisdom Chinese Medicine Seminar and Live Webinar
By Dr Greta Young Jie De
Bringing the clinical experience of Chinese specialists to Australia and Europe
Organised and hosted by Pearls of Wisdom Chinese Medicine
Approved for 10 CPD Points
Professor Chen Ming ‘s Discussion of Jing Fang ‘s and Its Unique Applications
“None of the concepts and ideas I learned from Professor Chen Ming’s 2017 seminar are new to me. Yet the “light bulb” moments from his clear and straighforward explanations has already opened countless possibilities for me, in how I can view and apply the so-called “basic” theory.
I am greatly indebted to him and his masters for helping me further grasp how deep our medical art can be. I am reminded to never underestimate the levels of meaning to be continually uncovered in our Classics, and of the responsibility to make that root understanding our own.”
– M. L. , Jing Fang Practitioner for 13 years (Testimonial from a Jing Fang Practitioner)
Our Pearls 2018 Two-Day seminar, Professor Chen Ming (陈明教授) will incorporate the basic teaching in Nei Jing such as the theory of Yin and Yang and the theory of Zang Xiang and how these theories can serve as a Guiding Principle for the application of Jing Fang in the management of many diseases . An example is “Banking the spleen earth to restrain water” for treatment of cardiac diseases. Professor Chen reiterated the significance of pathogenesis which plays an important role in the determination of optimum treatment.
Interpreter: Dr. Greta Young Jie De (Ph.D)
Register online at: https://pearlschinesemedicine.com/pearls2018
Topics covered for the two days are:
1.Tonify the yang to engender yin for treatment of diabetes.
2.Seeking the yin within the yang: According to the principle of yin and yang in Neijing is that yin and yang are divisible but inseparable, all yang phenomenon can be divided into yin and yang components as can all yin phenomena. Zhang Jing Yue said: “Those who are conversant in the tonification of yang must seek the yang from within the yin; the outcome is with the help of yin yang can be transformed without any limitation.; likewise those who are conversant in the tonification of yin must seek the yang from within the yin; with the help of the rising yang, there will be endless source of yin without exhaustion.
- From [Suwen: Zhi Zhen Yao Da Lun] said: “All diseases with aching pain and swelling of the instep are ascribed to fire. Professor Chen based on this theory treated many patients suffering from acute gout characterized by excruciating pain.
- Clinical application of Chai Hu GuiZhi Tang modified for treatment of generalized ache better known as “conjugation of liver qi or 肝气窜 bearing similar presentations as polymyalgia; liver cirrhosis, shoulder pain and depression etc.
- Further explanation and application of “Lifting the lid off the teapot”. For those who attended our Pearls 2017 Jing Fang Seminar and Webinar with Professor Chen Ming will appreciate the concept of this profound theory. I quote from one of the attendees of 2017 Pearls seminar. Quote: “At the July Seminar, Professor Chen Ming, of Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, spoke about the ancient concept of ‘Lifting the Lid off the Teapot’. Directing our thinking to realising the importance of the lung Qi, – to relieve the pressure from a wide variety of water mechanisms below, hence, ‘Lifting the Lid off the Teapot’. So many acute and chronic presentations are related to this mechanism. Discussion was supported by reference to Shang Han Lun, Su wen, Ling Shu and from famous doctors and their works. Even without these references, or Professor Chen’s obvious conviction, after so many years of clinical practice, I was allowed the ‘bright light’ of recognition on this subject – similar to finding another key piece in a complicated puzzle. Indeed, I felt a close witness, not for the first time, to a command performance from a master medical Professor at the peak of his powers.” Unquote. (Testimonial from James Middleton, Melbourne)
Professor Chen Ming will share with you his road-tested clinical experience in the treatment of many diseases based on the theory in Nei Jing and Shang Han Lun.
Professor Chen Ming陈明教授 is a Jing Fang practitioner with many years of clinical experience that adopts an unique approach by combining the theories of Shang Han Lun, Jin Gui Yao Lue, Wen Bing and Nei Jing to treat many contemporary diseases. Apart from his rich clinical experience he is a popular lecturer at the Beijing University and has been nominated as one of the “Ten most popular and Beloved teachers” at the university. Professor Chen studied under the renowned Shang Han specialist Professor Liu Du Zhou and is involved in the research of “Academic Theory of Zhang Zhong Jing”. He strongly advocates that the clinical approach and education of Chinese medicine should be based upon the TCM core theory to fully reflect the holistic concept of Chinese Medicine. Professor Chen is the author of “Chinese Medicine Four Major Classics and their Clinical Relevance” published in 2001. His clinical forte includes treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, cough, asthma , diabetes, gout, acne, irregular menstruation and many other conditions that may be treated with Jing Fang.
LIVE SEMINAR Melbourne & LIVE STREAMED WEBINAR
28th & 29th July 2018
Our Webinar Host: Lionel Chan
Conference venue: Victoria University, 300 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Level 11, Room FS1106
This seminar will be streamed live from Melbourne as well as live attendance
Saturday 28th July 2018 10am~5pm (Tea break 3pm~3.30pm)
Sunday 29th July 2018 10am~5pm (Lunch 12~1pm, Tea break 3~3.30pm)
REGISTRATION FEES & DISCOUNTS
Early bird discount: Pay before 15th June 2018
10% discount for Pearls of Wisdom VIP members
(Simply register on the website if you have attended 5 other events)
For cancellations made before June 15th, 30% of the registration fee is retained
No refund is given for cancellations made after June 15h 2018
LIVE SEMINAR FEES
- Graduates & Practitioners: $415 Early bird $400
- One day attendance: $315 Early bird $300
- Undergraduate students: $175 Early bird: $155
- Graduates & Practitioners: $465 Early bird $450
- Undergraduate students: $225 Early bird: $210
Please note that webinar attendees will receive the hard copy of DVD
Welcome dinner: 28th July 2018 (Saturday) 6.30pm.
Dragon Boat Restaurant
201 Little Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Cost: $45 per head (Partners are welcome to join)
SIMPLE ONLINE REGISTRATION VIA WEBSITE
or post cheque to :
Greta Young T/AS Pearls of Wisdom Chinese Medicine
Apt 301, 53 Chaucer Crescent, Canterbury, Vic 3126
DIRECT BANK TRANSFER (within Australia only): BSB: 033-028 A/C No: 227996
PAYPAL: Overseas participants must use Paypal (+ 3% surcharge)
ENQUIRIES: Please email Pearls Seminars @ email@example.com