Greta Young Jie De is a registered Chinese Medicine practitioner with the Chinese Medicine Registration Board Australia, with a focus on the treatment of emotional disorders using Chinese medicine. She is an expert in the classic literature of Chinese medicine, and lectured in Shang Han Lun and Wen Bing at Victoria University (VU), the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University (RMIT University) and Southern School of Natural Therapies from 1998 to 2010. In 2011, she was appointed “Foreign Expert” by the Chinese Ministry of Education in China, and currently lectures in her specialty subjects of Shang Han Lun and Wen Bing at the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, China.
Greta completed her Bachelor of Chinese Medicine at the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine in 1993. In 1994 she commenced her master’s degree in Wen Bing research under the supervision of Professor Kong Guang Yi 孔光一 and was conferred a Master Degree by the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine in 1997. In 2002 Greta went on to pursue her doctorate in Shang Han Lun studies under the supervision of Professor Fu Yanling 傅延龄, and was granted a PhD in Chinese Medicine in 2006.
In 2002, Greta set up Continuing Education Program for graduates of Chinese Medicine under the name of “Pearls of Wisdom Seminars”, inviting professors and doctors of Chinese medicine who were the top of their field in China to come to Australia and present seminars sharing their knowledge with Australian practitioners.
In 2012 Pearls of Wisdom Chinese Medicine celebrated its 10th year anniversary, having successfully staged a total of 14 seminars and workshops, covering a range of topics including gynecological disorders, cancer, skin disorders, cardiac disorders and gastro-intestinal disorders. Pearls Seminars has now branched out into presenting webinars, on order to make the knowledge available to those not living in Melbourne or Sydney. The 2012 webinars were presented by Professor Feng Shi Lun and reached practitioners in all states of Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Hong Kong, and the U.S.A. For more information and to buy recordings of these webinars, see our shop.
In July 2013, the guest presenter will be Professor Li Zhong 李忠 who is a specialist in the treatment of cancer using Chinese medicine. This seminar will be presented in front of a live audience in Melbourne and Sydney, and will also be streamed live as an international webinar. For more information see Pearls of Wisdom Chinese Medicine seminars.
Pearls of Wisdom Seminars has also made further study and clinical training under renowned professors in China available to Australian practitioners via study tours led by Greta. Greta is planning another such study tour to Beijing in December 2013. This tour will cover Jing Fang clinical treatment under Professor Feng Shi Lun 冯世纶。
In 2009 Greta together with co-author Robin Marchment of Melbourne compiled the text book “Shang Han Lun Explained”. This is a translation and discussion of the classic work written by Zhang Zhong Jing in 200AD, which is a seminal text of Chinese Medicine.
Greta continues to serve as an ambassador of Chinese medicine providing a platform for the dissemination of contemporary clinical knowledge for practitioners all over the world.
- Pearls Six-Weekend Wen Bing Live Webinar Course (CHANGE OF DATES Starting 8th October 2022)
- Pearls March 2022 Live Webinar on Chinese Medicine Treatment of Skin Diseases
- 2021 Pearls Contemporary Jing Fang Applications in Collaboration with Bo-Yi Academy
- 2021 Live Webinar – Contemporary Chinese Medicine Management of Hyper- & Hypothyroidism
- 2020 Live Educational Webinar – Road-tested Experience in the Treatment of Diabetes
- 2020 Live Webinar on TCM Treatment of Coronavirus COVID-19
- Diagnosis and treatment of pneumonitis with a new coronavirus infection (Trial Version 4)
- Recommended formula to treat COVID19 and a preventative formula
- Chinese Herbal Pair for Colds and Flus: Tong Ren Tang Chinese Medicine Products
- The Rise and Fall of Chinese Medicine and a Revival Plan
- The Secrets of Dosage in Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Chai Hu Wen Dan Tang Modified and its Clinical Application
- An Interpretation of Half Exterior and Half Interior
- Shang Han Lun Explained
- TCM Treatment of Skin Disorders based on the Strategy of Professor Zhao Bing Nan
- Clinical Application of the Five Xie Xin Tang Formulas in the Treatment of Gastro-intestinal Disease
- Download 2021 Webinar – Contemporary Application of Jing Fang
- Complete Case Studies of Professor Liu Du Zhou
- 2020 Live Webinar on TCM Treatment and Prevention of COVID-19
- 2016 Wen Bing Workshop – Part 2 of 2
- 2016 Wen Bing Workshop – Part 1 of 2
- Wen Bing Weekend Webinars – The Complete Series
- Pearls of Wisdom Chinese Medicine Ten Year Souvenir Book